Controls Systems Engineer
GENERAL SUMMARY: Control Systems Engineer to support shipboard testing efforts. The candidate will have experience as an electrical engineer/technician and the ability to troubleshoot control systems with the use of system documentation and electrical schematics. The candidate will be expected to complete assigned tasking, even if doing so requires more time than expected. The candidate will be tasked by and report to technical leads. The candidate will be expected to provide documented status updates on a regular basis.
LOCATION: Naval Surface Warfare Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1. Troubleshoots, modifies, constructs and tests various types of electrical and/or Navy shipboard machinery control systems equipment.
2. Applies technical knowledge of electronics principles in order to put equipment in operational condition and solve complex problems.
3. Troubleshoots and corrects malfunctions using specialized test and diagnostic equipment such as a digital multi-meter or an oscilloscope
4. Modifies circuitry to improve performance.
5. Makes recommendations for improvements or modifications to correct problems.
6. Prepares operating and malfunction reports and related documentation.
7. May perform quality assurance testing of assemblies and equipment fabricated by other technicians.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Mechanical Engineering is preferred, Engineering Technician with greater than 5 years of experience with systems controls experience will be considered.
2. 3 – 5 years of experience in control systems
1. Successful applicants must either have an active government security clearance or the ability to receive approval upon position acceptance.
2. Travel Requirements: Anticipate travel to be up to 25%
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Experience with Siemens and Rockwell Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs).
2. Basic electrical principals to include understanding the difference between current and voltage and how to effectively troubleshoot circuits containing them
3. Ability to read electrical schematics
4. Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel, Word, and Outlook)
5. Familiarity with embedded control systems both centralized and decentralized
6. Reasonable problem solving ability
7. Attention to detail and meticulous logging of testing, troubleshooting steps, and findings
ADVANCED SKILLSETS DESIRED, BUT NOT NECESSARILY REQUIRED:
1. Experience with Visual Basic.
2. Experience with VME.
3. Experience with C++.
Interested personnel should submit an electronic copy of their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Requisition No. DELPH05 (please ensure that you reference this number when submitting for this position)