Entry Level / Junior Mechanical / Electrical / Marine Engineer
Delphinus Engineering, Inc.
Headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, Delphinus is considered one of the preferred providers of engineering services in the maritime industry. The experience and capabilities of our Engineering staff afford us a distinguished position within the naval community. Our team of Engineers and scientist bring expert credentials in the areas of design engineering; technical assistance; modernization and upgrade; management and feasibility studies; program and project coordination; and program support.
Delphinus Engineering provides Engineers and Scientist in Philadelphia to support the Naval Surface Warfare Center Philadelphia Division with Naval Machinery Life Cycle Engineering for all Hull, Mechanical and Electrical (HM&E) Systems onboard US Navy ships. These systems include but are not limited to the following;
- Main machinery including Steam Boilers Gas Turbines, Diesels, Main Reduction Gears (MRG) and shafting.
- Main and Auxiliary Machinery Control Systems, Data Acquisition Systems, Condition Based Maintenance, Shipboard Instrumentation, Sensors, Navigation System, Integrated Bridge and Steering Control Systems.
- Auxiliary Machinery Systems including Piping Systems and Components, A/C and Refrigeration System, HP and LP Air Compressors and HVAC Systems.
- Electrical generation and distribution systems including, Generators, Switchboard, Load Centers and Special Frequency Converters.
- Hull and deck machinery including Cargo and Weapons Elevators, Steering Gear, Anchor Windlass Davits, and cranes.
Delphinus Engineering, Inc. is seeking an entry level/junior Mechanical/Electrical/Marine Engineer to support various HM&E systems life cycle support, research, development, test and evaluation in support of programs for the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Philadelphia Division. Candidate duties will include the following:
- Provide mechanical engineering support for shipboard Hull, Mechanical and Electrical (HM&E) Systems such as propulsion, power generation and distribution, auxiliary systems, machinery controls, and instrumentation.
- Apply mechanical engineering principles to support systems engineering, production engineering, and test and integration engineering for various shipboard HM&E systems, equipment, and RDT&E programs.
- Review specifications, technical manuals, and other technical documentation that relate to HM&E systems, and RDT&E programs
- Assist higher level engineers and scientists in mechanical engineering tasks, and project management tasks for assigned projects.
- Provide direct support to the assigned program technical manager
- Assist with preparation of proposals, presentations and reports, and research technical information to support and design systems.
- Support project planning and execution efforts for research development, investigations, analyses, and testing.
- Utilize RDT&E to recommend improvements in design, operation, maintenance and safety for assigned systems and equipment
- Provide supporting technical and logistics documentation relative to recommended design improvements and performance requirements.
- Resolve all equipment and systems issues with the appropriate Subject Matter Expert(s).
- BS in Mechanical/Electrical/Marine Engineering or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- 0-5 years’ experience in industrial mechanical design to include any of the following:
- Ship propulsion systems, piping, machinery design development and testing.
- Naval experience in engineering disciplines.
- Oil and gas industry experience.
- Power industry experience.
- Engineering designs and drawing development
- The work is typically performed in an office environment and onboard US Navy ships
- Regular physical activity to include walking, climbing stairs/vertical ladders, bending, stooping, reaching, standing and prolonged sitting
- Ability to travel 20-40% of the time to assist with troubleshooting, installations and shipboard assessments.
- Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain/maintain a Department of Defense Secret security clearance
- Medical/Dental/Vision for Employees, with affordable plans for the whole family.
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Benefit Account options
- Company matched 401K
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, & Sick Leave
- Continuing Education & Professional Development Programs at all levels
- Flexible Schedules
Interested personnel should submit an electronic copy of their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Requisition No. DELPH29 (please ensure that you reference this number when submitting for this position)
Delphinus Engineering, Inc., is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled Employer