GENERAL SUMMARY: Mechanical Engineer to support prototype testing, system grooming, and troubleshooting of Navy shipboard elevators and control systems. The candidate will have experience as mechanical engineer/technician and the ability to troubleshoot control systems with the use of system documentation, mechanical drawings, electrical drawings, and schematics. The candidate will be tasked by and report to technical leads. The candidate will be expected to monitor and provide status updates on technical issues and schedule progress.
LOCATION: Norfolk, Virginia
- Perform on-site commissioning, testing, and troubleshooting of Navy shipboard elevators and equipment, including foundation design, electric motors, actuators, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), and integrated instrumentation and sensors.
- Execute test procedures to confirm elevators perform in accordance with system specifications.
- Apply technical knowledge of mechanical design principles in order to put equipment in operational condition and solve complex problems.
- Make recommendations for improvements or modifications to mechanical design and/or control system to improve system performance, minimize equipment failure, and correct failures.
- Prepare test reports and malfunction reports.
- Participate in status meetings. Communicate project status to ship’s force leadership and shipyard project managers.
- Troubleshoot and correct malfunctions using mechanical design drawings.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participate in special projects as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred, Engineering Technician with greater than 6 years of experience with relevant Navy shipboard elevator will be considered.
- 3 – 6 years of experience in Navy shipboard equipment.
- Successful applicants must either have an active government security clearance or the ability to receive approval upon position acceptance.
- Travel Requirements: Anticipate travel to be up to 25%.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and ship installation drawings.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Attention to detail and meticulous logging of testing, troubleshooting steps, and findings.
- Experience with mechanical design, operation, and maintenance of pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
Interested personnel should submit an electronic copy of their resume to email@example.com
Requisition No. DELPH30 (please ensure that you reference this number when submitting for this position)