GENERAL SUMMARY: Set-up machinery and perform complex machining on components/pieces with conventional and CNC machinery, such as lathes, boring mills, shapers, and grinders.
Manufacture and/or repair and machine nonnuclear components such as valves and actuators.
Align, calibrate, and verify set-up by performing dry runs, tool or fixture probing, indicating and test cuts to check performance and accuracy. Make adjustments as necessary to compensate for tool wear and maintain dimensional requirements.
Perform precision hand-work and fit-up to ensure clearances, tolerances, and finishes meet requirements using various power and hand tools. Maintain dimensional accuracy during these processes through the use of precision measuring instruments.
LOCATION: Norfolk, VA
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 5 or more years of experience in a related field
- Must successfully undergo a background investigation and drug screening
TRADE SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
- At least 4 years of experience setting up and operating lathes, boring mills, shapers and grinders.
- Must be qualified to use typical trade related precision measurement instruments such as calipers and micrometers.
- Delphinus Engineering, Inc., is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled Employer.
Interested personnel should submit an electronic copy of their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Requisition No. DELPH53 (please ensure that you reference this number when submitting for this position)