Marine Electronic Technician
GENERAL SUMMARY: Electronic Technicians apply advanced technical knowledge to solve complex problems. Performs a variety of electrical trade functions such as the installation, maintenance, or repair of equipment for the generation, distribution, or utilization of electric energy. Work involves working from blueprints, drawings, layouts, or other specifications; locating and diagnosing trouble in the electrical system or equipment; working standard computations relating to load requirements of wiring or electrical equipment; and using a variety of electrician’s hand tools and measuring and testing instruments. Work typically requires an understanding of the interrelationships of circuits, exercising independent judgment in performing tasks. This position may provide technical guidance to lower level technicians.
LOCATION: San Diego, CA; Bremerton, WA; Norfolk, VA; Mayport, FL
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 5 or more years of experience in a related field
- Applicant must be familiar with NAVSEA, standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of electronics repair, fabrication, and installation.
· Must be certified in “Multipin” Connectors IAW MIL STD 20035A (SA)
· Must successfully undergo a background investigation and drug screening
- Security clearance a plus
- Must be able remove, install, modify, repair and troubleshoot various electrical systems, circuits, controls and instruments and equipment
- Cable way, connector, OSHA 10 certification desired
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings and tech manuals
- Work is performed onboard U.S. Naval Ships and military installations requiring the ability to work in areas with drafts, noise, and temperature variation. Must be able to work in high heat spaces, climb shipyard dry dock stairs/ladders, work in kneeling position for layout of cable runs under false decking, lift up to 50 pounds.
- Required to perform all ancillary duties related to tasking (includes unskilled laboring)
Delphinus Engineering, Inc., is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled Employer.
Interested personnel should submit an electronic copy of their resume to email@example.com
Requisition No. DELPH50 (please ensure that you reference this number when submitting for this position)