Planner – Estimator
Job Location: Norfolk, VA
Delphinus Engineering, Inc. is seeking a Planner-Estimator to support our office and the US Navy in Norfolk, VA. Position includes planning and estimation of Repair items and Ship Alterations including work definition, material identification and cost using drawings, technical documents, NAVSEA Standard Items, and Navy Maintenance Data (NMD) computer program.
- Correct formatting of Work Items and Estimates in accordance with published directives.
- Development of properly formatted 4E specifications/work items containing all required technical information and production information, via ship-checks and review of ship system drawings, blueprints and technical publications to gather necessary information for input into the Navy Maintenance Database (NMD) for subsequent approval by Government representatives
- Development of Work Items containing all required technical information and production information.
- Read/write Navy specifications.
- Knowledge of Navy Hull & Ship Systems with a good overall understanding of ship repair and modernization with trade disciplines required to support work item development.
- Thorough understanding & familiarity with NAVSEA Standard Items, GSO, NSTM & Blueprints.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate, AA degree, Trade level journeyman work experience or equivalent.
- Five (5) or more years in a shipyard production environment with at least one (1) year in a supervisory capacity.
- Knowledge of ship construction, shipboard systems, equipment and their operations.
- Previous experience with ship check visits to active Navy ships.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in a software intensive environment.
- Ability to deal with competing priorities and deadlines effectively and respond well to last minute, high priority, and time sensitive projects.
Interested personnel should submit an electronic copy of their resume to email@example.com
Requisition No. DELPH18 (please ensure that you reference this number when submitting for this position)
Delphinus Engineering, Inc., is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled Employer.