Position Location: Bremerton, WA
Type of Position: Full-time
Delphinus Engineering is currently seeking an experienced Program Manager to support the US Navy in Bremerton, WA. Individual will be responsible for the management of multiple projects performing maintenance, repair, and alteration installation on Navy surface ships, aircraft carriers and submarines. This will include program management, leading teams in system engineering and production efforts (including design, integration, installation, and testing of HM&E, and C4I or combat systems), schedules, risks, and government contracts.
- Provides overall leadership of multiple project teams by ensuring project completion in a safe manner, within budget, on schedule. Determines and defines project requirements, objectives and customer expectations, and clearly communicates this information to project teams. Ensures compliance with appropriate codes, standards, and regulations (including those for environmental work).
- Oversees the planning and execution of the work within Division, interfacing with other Divisions such as Marine Engineering, Information Technology and with other service functions such as Project Controls, and Accounting achieve an assignment of work scope which will result in an integrated project team approach.
- Reviews the prime contract, proposal documents, and data for projects; takes the lead in determining the extent of participation in proposal efforts by each department. Establishes plans, schedules, and budgets for prime contract obligations and reviews the technical input for the formal proposal prior to turnover to Business Development. Participates in prime contract negotiations, as required.
- Directs the planning and development of project execution plans, scope definition, project procedures, budgets, and project schedules and ensures acceptance by the customer and Delphinus Engineering project team.
- Assures that appropriate customer contact, including major correspondence and working relationships between the customer and Delphinus Engineering, is maintained throughout the duration of the projects.
- Monitors and controls all contractual commitments to assure that work is being performed in accordance with the specifications, drawings, and terms of the contracts.
- Oversees the review and approval of project controls plans including trend programs, project cost estimates, forecasts, schedules, and financial reports and may review commitments that exceed assigned budgets.
- Implements change order controls to assure that all changes are being handled appropriately.
- Oversees the administration of assigned prime contracts to ensure that the terms and conditions stated therein are fulfilled and Delphinus Engineering profitability objectives are achieved.
- Develops a Continuous Improvement (CI) awareness such that the project management function is viewed as the leader of the Cl process within the project teams.
- Monitors cash flow to minimize Delphinus Engineering investment in projects and informs the customer of the current and anticipated cash requirements for the work. Approves budgets and control mechanisms for non-reimbursable project costs.
- Conducts periodic project and customer meetings to review progress and discuss project issues. Ensures problems involving coordination, schedule, and the setting of priorities are resolved by the project teams
- Directs the preparation of progress and special reports to customers and Delphinus Engineering management.
- Conducts training of new project managers through formal training courses and on-the-job training.
- Promotes and practices team building across the project.
- 5 years of Program Manager experience managing ship repair, maintenance or modernization contracts and orders
- 10 years of experience in performing ship repair, maintenance or modernization
- Experience preparing status reports and schedule updates
- Experience constructing spend plans
- Experience evaluating and hiring installation workforce
- Experience with NSTS 9090-310
- Experience with NAVSEA Standard Items
- Active DOD Secret Security Clearance is required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with MS Project
- Experience with EVM
Position Location: Bremerton, Washington
Type of Position: Full-time
Interested personnel should submit an electronic copy of their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Requisition No. DELPH20 (please ensure that you reference this number when submitting for this position)
Delphinus Engineering, Inc., is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled Employer.