Project Financial Analyst
The Program Financial (PF) Analyst executes complex, accurate and complete financial analysis of proposals, contracts and program costs. PF Analysts are intimately involved in and support all phases of a contract, from proposal preparation through contract closeout. PF Analysts are management’s resource to assist with the process of making sound business decisions. In addition to participating in the bid process, PF Analysts assist program management & project engineering in establishing the cost accounts and earned value criteria for the program. PF Analysts must understand the requirements of their internal customers and provide useful, timely data to assist in the decision-making process.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Will assist office personnel in assuring accuracy of project labor charges by providing guidance to the operations as the correct job numbers to charge on a weekly basis.
- Develops and maintain highly complex financial models used to support the internal management of the business. Such as Labor Burn rates, resource allocation of labor.
- Acts as the go to person regarding financial performance of their programs in order to provide management with an early warning of potential performance issues, identifying potential risks and quantifying upside mitigation.
- Ensures that actual cost reported agree to the general ledger and that all estimates provided by other functional organizations are properly supported. (Understand Revenue Recognition Process in Government Contract Setting).
- Prepares mathematically correct reports for submission to the customer no later than the agreed-upon due date and in the cases where a contract requires regular customer reporting.
- May participate in the bid process, by assisting program management & project engineering in establishing the cost accounts and earned value criteria for the program.
- Converts cost proposals to contract budgets and performs financial budget tracking for contracts.
- Maintains current, accurate and complete files, which support the financial baselines being reported, including the quad chart content.
- Provides financial analysis on programs (External/IR&D), including actuals, estimate to complete (ETC), estimate at complete (EAC) and Earned Value (EV) based on inputs from the program team for regularly occurring program reviews. (IF PROJECT REQUIRED)
- Ad hoc analysis may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Forward thinking and proactive, with the ability to anticipate the needs of Management.
- Challenge the status quo when appropriate, and keep the best interests of Delphinus Engineering at the center of their conclusions.
- Possess a solid fundamental understanding of the outputs, specifically being able to communicate the logic to management as it applies to variances.
Basic Qualifications & Education:
Education – Requires B.A. degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field, or equivalent training and experience.
Experience – 2 to 5 years of related experience, including technical program planning/implementation, contract interpretation, budget development and government project administration. Experience in Cost Accounting, Financial Analysis or related function.
Proficient in MS Office; Expert level Excel skills highly desirable;
Experience with Deltek Premier or Cost-point (ERP)
Able to meet schedules and time frames consistently.
Knowledge of government contracting preferred; Program and Proposal financial experience in Government contracting environment highly desirable.
Must be a US Citizen or US Person as defined by ITAR.
Pre-employment drug screening and background checks are standard.
Interested personnel should submit an electronic copy of their resume to email@example.com
Requisition No. DELPH21 (please ensure that you reference this number when submitting for this position)