General Summary: Delphinus Engineering, Inc. is looking for a Ship Repair Team Lead to function for a variety of government Ship Repair projects and alterations. Working with the Project Manager, supervise the deck plate production effort to ensure that all work is completed on time and within budget for the assigned project. Allocate and manage internal and external resources to accomplish all tasks. De-conflicts work and informs the Project Manager of any potential problem that jeopardizes completion of quality work within budget and schedule. Ensures all employees are properly supervised and have all the necessary tooling, equipment, specifications, drawings and procedures to properly accomplish their jobs.
Job Location: San Diego, CA
- Must pass background check
- Minimum 5-8 years experience as a Team Lead in Ship Repair on Navy, MSC ships, and/or Commercial ships
- Pay commensurate with experience
- Must be a U.S. citizen and able to obtain a Security clearance.
- Must have In-depth knowledge in all facets of at least one area of HM&E (Hull Mechanical & Electrical) repairs and alterations
- Demonstrated knowledge and utilization of production processes, methods, quality, and technology.
- Effective leadership, communication, and team-building skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft products.
- Must be able to access all work locations, including government and private shipyards and/or vessels.
- Must be able to physically transit all areas of the facility and the drydock.
- Must be able to spend up to 70% of time in an outdoor shipyard environment in all climates.
- Must be familiar with working in a naval-ship-work-environment and be able to go aboard marine vessels and the drydock, climb ladders, work in tanks and confined spaces, and wear personal protective equipment. Work areas can be dirty, dusty, hot or cold, and noisy.
- Must be able to work on Navy Ships
- Must have experience in removal, installation, modification, repair and troubleshooting of various electrical systems, and/or mechanical systems and equipment
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings and tech manuals
- Must be able to lead large groups of personnel during installations
- Has joint responsibility, with Project Manager, for trade performance to meet contract quality, schedule and budget performance.
- Required to perform all ancillary duties related to tasking
Delphinus Engineering, Inc., is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled Employer.
Interested personnel should submit an electronic copy of their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Requisition No. DELPH25 (please ensure that you reference this number when submitting for this position)