Marine Electricians, Pipe Fitters, Sheet Metal Mechanics, and Welders, needed in support of Ship Repair Operations
GENERAL SUMMARY: Provide support to the US Navy
LOCATION: Norfolk, VA
- Prospective employees should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Experience working in a shipyard/ship repair environment
- Prospective employees must be a US Citizen with a Clean Background and able to pass a Drug Screen
PRINCIPAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (Marine Electrician):
- Remove, install, modify, repair and trouble shoot various electrical systems, circuits, controls and instruments and equipment. Cableway certified and connector (multi-pin connector experience a plus) certified desired.
- Experience with CAT 5/6 cable as well as power and lighting
- OSHA-10 and Fire Watch certification a plus
PRINCIPAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (Pipe Fitter):
- Fabricate, install, removed, modify and repair piping and hoses; layout, template and target pipe for welding/brazing. P1, P2, and P3 piping systems. Steam plant cleanliness and skilled in using precision measuring instruments.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (Sheet Metal Mechanic):
- Proficient in all aspects of trade. Able to read & understand blue print layout, assembly and installation required.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (Welder):
- Proficient in fitting up and welding. Socket & butt welding required. Qualified for GTAW OS/HS/HY; SMAW OS/HS/HY; GMAWW- PULSE OS/HS/HY; and pipe qualified GTAW NICU/CUNI/CRES/CS.
Delphinus Engineering Inc., is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.
Interested personnel should submit an electronic copy of their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Requisition No. DELPH49 (please ensure that you reference this number when submitting for this position)