The warehouse worker is expected to interact with customers in a manner consistent with the company image. Must be able to work and communicate effectively with other team members and company employees.
LOCATION: Norfolk, VA
1. Shipping and receiving various type of material.
- Staging material for various shipboard projects and tasks.
- Verifying incoming material against purchase orders.
- Package orders for out-of-town shipments.
- Perform visual inspection of incoming materials for conformance to purchase order, note general condition of received goods.
- Reports damages and discrepancies for accounting, reimbursement and record-keeping purposes.
- Assist in Maintaining raw materials and incoming material in orderly fashion in appropriate storage locations.
- Make local deliveries or pick-ups as directed.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Warehouse Manager.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. Knowledge of common used concepts, practices and procedures within a warehouse and shipping/receiving environment.
2. Ability to work with little supervision.
- Basic computer skills such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Current driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- High school diploma or equivalent
1. Experience in a manufacturing or ship building/repair environment is a plus
2. Forklift experience a plus
- Familiarity with control of Government property & DRMO process is a huge plus
Interested personnel should submit an electronic copy of their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Requisition No. DELPH35 (please ensure that you reference this number when submitting for this position)